Can’t Help Thinking About Christmas is a special stocking-filling companion to the year’s best-selling book about obscure radio shows and films nobody remembers and something about a green and black tracksuit top Can’t Help Thinking About Me, and includes the following seasonal trimmings:
– A collection of reviews of some of the worst sitcom Christmas Specials ever made (and a couple of good ones as well!)
– A ‘Christmas Party Medley’ crammed full of nonsense about carol services, BBC Records And Tapes, mind-hurtingly strange Christmas Films, and when some Brookdale kids tried to steal ‘the disco’ in Grange Hill
– The story behind BBC Schools programme Music Time‘s animated adaptation of Lieutenant Kije
– Fact-packed features on pre-Beatles pop compilation Saint Etienne Presents Songs For A London Winter and Santa Claus Is On The Dole by Spitting Image
– The ultimate guide to Denys Fisher’s TV tie-in board games – from War Of The Daleks to Miss World to – uh oh – Pop Twenty…
– And a brand new feature on the little-seen Rising Damp Christmas Special!
All of the previously-seen pieces in Can’t Help Thinking About Christmas have been updated with new footnotes, introductions and extra detail – yes, we finally know who wrote the theme to George And The Dragon! – and there are a couple of extra Yuletide surprises too. It’s probably only going to be available during December, so grab your copy now!
If you’re looking for some yuletide laughs, why not have a listen to last year’s Looks Unfamiliar Christmas Extra?
© Tim Worthington.
Please don’t copy this only with more italics and exclamation marks.